Joe Writes . . .
In July my brother and I set off on the first leg of our quest to paddle the length of the Grand River. We have covered most of the river from the headwaters in Liberty Township to downtown Jackson. Seeking deeper water and a wider river, we recently skipped forward to paddle from Lansing to Grand Ledge; we will return next spring to cover portions of the river skipped over thus far. We are documenting our journey in this blog. To create awareness of the river, its resources and opportunities, we invite anyone with a connection to the river to contribute an entry to our blog. Some possible topics are listed below, but writers are free to write about anything connected to the Grand and life along its banks.
- How is the river important to you or your community?
- Rivers can be referred to as either masculine or feminine; which do you think applies to the Grand?
- How has the Grand changed during the time you have observed it?
- What do you like most about the Grand? Least?
- Describe some of your best – or worst – experiences on the Grand.
- What are your hopes and dreams for the river’s future?
- Memoir, fiction or poetry inspired by/set on the Grand.
Contact information for inquiries or to submit an entry for the blog:
Joe Neely, no. 734-276-0612, email@example.com